Sunday, August 1, 2010

Pineapple chicken 菠萝鸡

I'm not very ardent for pineapple, but I fall for this dish- pineapple chicken (菠萝鸡).

It has a sapid spiciness and sourish taste that hook your appetite and it somewhat taste like sweet and sour pork except for the spiciness.


Pineapple is a versatile fruit that can go along with anything!



Recipe (adapted from Hawker's fair simplified)

Ingredients:
  • 1 piece chicken breast (about 500g, thinly sliced)
  • 4 pieces canned pineapple rings, diced
  • 150g fresh pineapple, diced (optional)
  • 1 green capsicum, sliced
  • 1 tomato, cut into wedges
  • cornflour for coating chicken
  • oil for deep-frying

Marinade:
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1tsp curry powder
  • 1 tbsp corn flour

Sauce:
  • 1 tbsp Thai chili sauce
  • 1 tbsp tomato sauce
  • 1 tbsp chili sauce
  • 3 tbsp canned pineapple juice
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt

  1. Combine chicken breast with marinade and season for 30mins.
  2. Then coat with corn flour and deep-fry in hot oil until golden brown. Dish and drain.
  3. Leave 1 tbsp oil in wok, put in pineapple, capsicum, tomato, and stir well.
  4. Pour in sauce and cook until thick.
  5. Add in fried chicken breast, stir well and dish up.

Pre-fried chicken meat





 I omitted fresh pineapple, capsicum, tomato and lemon juice (which was replaced with white vinegar)




Digressing to my job, I quitted my job and finally exonerate from it.
Quitting a job is undoubtful with much complications!

I was seriously ruffled by how people replied to my dismissal.
I quit my job because I was not given the respect and it has come clear to me that this society isn't as simple as I think. Even if we say about the pristine field such as education, may not be that immaculated.


That's the nature of human, they bitched here and there.
With the presence of human, there will be greed and selfishness. Every human beings is  a reflection of a vermin- malicious and spiteful if you ever step on their tail ( just like a snake).


Back to the old saying, I do really hope that people in this world can be virtuous and righteous so that this world can remain peaceful and sound.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails