Thursday, August 26, 2010

Blackheart muffins

A query in mind what's blackheart muffin is all about?
Actually, it's a chocolaty muffin that has a chocolate cube stuffed in the cake batter and bring to bake till the chocolate melts inside.

Sounds simple? Yes, the steps are simple too!


Recipe (makes 8)

  • 150g unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
  • 130g brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 80g milk
  • 180g cake flour
  • 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 8 small cubes of chocolates

  1. Preheat oven to 175C.
  2. Cream butter and brown sugar till light and fluffy. Add in egg one at a time till the mixture is smooth.
  3. Add in vanilla extract and milk to combine.
  4. Sift in cake flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. DO NOT OVERMIX!
  5. Divvy the batter into greased muffin pan to the half of each cup and add in 1 chocolate cube for each muffin.
  6. Top the rest of the remaining 1/2 muffin cup with the cake batter.
  7. Bake for 20-25mins or till the skewer comes out clean.

Well-risen and moist.
A pity that the chocolate cube is too small to create the melt-in-your-mouth sensation.



I'm getting a bit excited for school reopen next Mon! WEeee.......!
I'm a real blur sotong that I'd mistaken that my Uni tertiary card would be sent over to my mailbox.


In actual, I have to go down to any Translink ticket office to get it done and collect it at school.
Really hopes that they can process my card fast so that I can get my concession ready cos bus fare is getting expensive nowadays!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails