Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Apple muffin

As promised, I'll post the recipes for the assorted muffins stated at the previous post.

I'll post the recipe for apple muffin first and the other two ensuing.


Recipe ( makes 6 large muffins)


Apple sauce
  •  
  • 1 apple, peeled and chopped into tiny bites
  • 1 tbsp apple cidar vinegar
  • 4 tbsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
  •  
  1. To prepare the apple sauce, blend the chopped apples with apple cidar vinegar into puree.
  2. Heat a saucepan at low heat, pour in apple sauce and add in sugar till the sugar melts.
  3. Sprinkle in ground cinnamon and nutmeg. Remove from heat and set aside.

Apple muffins

  • 120g butter, softened to room temperature
  • 110g light brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 175g  apple sauce
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  •  40g milk
  • 160g cake flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder

  1. Preheat oven to 175C.
  2. Cream butter with brown sugar till light and fluffy.
  3. Add in egg to the butter mixture.
  4. Combine in prepared apple sauce, vanilla extract and milk.
  5. Sift in cake flour and baking powder. Do not overmix!
  6. Bake for 20-25mins or till the skewer comes out clean.



Yummy to the max with blackheart and Duco muffins! Can drizzle on butterscotch sauce for extra sweetness!



Digressing~
Counting down 6 days before resuming my study's life! I'd gotten my timetable today and it's much more relaxing as compared to my hectic poly's life! No lesson on Fri, 4 hours of lessons on Mon, and Wed is a packed day (go directly after school for tuition) ....



This timetable is really systematize for me, no lesson on Fri which means no 'fuss and furious' to go back to Ipoh for dental checkup during weekend :)



Btw, there's a 4 hours break  in between on Tuesday and I just don't have the idea of what to do! Go home or not?
Even though NTU is at the West district, but it spends me 1.5 hours to get back home and in the end I only have 1 hour of rest at home before rushing back to school again. SHeeesh.....The biggest problem is to change my tuition day for my student on that day :(




I reckon lots of assignments will be thrusted to me when school reopens, and I do have 4 students on hands to teach on weekdays. My timetable requires me to reach school at 8.30am daily which is somehow back to Secondary school rountine, must wake up at 6am!
BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!!! ARGH!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails