Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cereal pumpkin

My family started eating pumpkin when we cognized of its goodness. My mum never cook pumpkin cos she finds it not too palatable, and perhaps 'unusual'.

We started eating pumpkin when my dad cooks it with his porridge and I used it for my ABC soup which turns the standings of it. Now, it has become my mum's staple as she slowly converts to a vegetarian!


I wanted to cook something interesting with pumpkins.


In the kitchen, I found this:


Hong Lai spices "crispy prawn with cereal"


I tried not cooking it with prawns since my dad is a vegetarian, and in the fridge, TADA! I
found a almost-ripen-to-rot pumpkin!

When the pumpkin meets the cereal


Recipe

Half a pumpkin (about 500g), cubed
1 packet of Hong Lai spices cereal prawn (or any other brands of cereal)
5 egg yolks
3 tbsp magarine
1 handful of curry leaves
3 chili padi
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar


  1. Deep-fry the pumpkins at high heat  till it soften (takes 3-5mins). Drain the oil and set aside.
  2. At medium-low heat, add in magarine.
  3. Turn the heat to low when all the magarine melted, add in egg yolks.
  4. Continue stirring in the same direction for 10-12 mins till the egg yolks turn frothy.
  5. Add in curry leaves and chili padi and cook till aromatic.
  6. Add in salt and sugar.
  7. Add in a packet of Hong Lai spices cereal mix and stir-fry till the cereal turns light brown.
  8. Add in the pre-fried pumpkins.
  9. Stir well and dish up. Serve warm!

 

金玉满堂


I'll be leaving Singapore to Ipoh in a few hours, Bon voyage to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails