Friday, August 20, 2010

Orange salad chicken

Mum was too languorous to cook and she consigned her 'job' to me. I was held up by the lack of ideas of what to cook  :(


Flipping through my recipe book, I found this, "Orange salad chicken wing stick" which sounds promising, and it prompted me to give it a try.


Recipe ( Adapted from My Favourite Chicken Wings )

Ingredients:

  • 6 chicken wings ( I used chicken thighs)
  • 6 pieces orange flesh (cut into small pieces)
  • 1 tbsp chopped celery ( I omitted )
  • 1 tbsp chopped red chilies ( I omitted )
  • 2 tbsp butter


Marinade:
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1/2 tsp sugar
  • 2 tbsp tapioca flour
  • 2 tbsp plain flour
  • 1 tbsp custard powder
  • 2 tbsp water

Sauce (Mix well):
  • 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
  • 2 tbsp concentrated orange syrup (I used fresh orange juice +1 tbsp sugar)
  • 2 tbsp condensed milk
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp fresh lemon juice/vinegar


Method:
  1. Season the chicken wings with marinade. Marinade for 30mins. Deep-fry into hot oil until cooked and golden in colour, dish out and keep aside.
  2. Melt butter in hot wok, saute chopped celery and chilies until fragrant. Add in sauce mixture and chicken wings, stir constantly at high heat till combined. Lastly, add in orange flesh, toss well. Remove from heat, serve at once.



Sauce *glittering*- not too dry or moist!

 I'd omitted some of the ingredients and this explained why my dish looks 'austere'.


Counting down 1 week and 3 days before school reopen!
ADM, I'm coming!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails