Saturday, August 28, 2010

Duco muffins

Whenever I came up with something new, I like to create a funky and special name for it.
It would be repetitive if name was given in the mundane way.

You may be thinking at the first sight of of the title, "What's in the hell is Duco muffins?"
Peculiar and mystifying right?


Duco muffins stands for durian and coconut muffins in short. A combination of the first 2 letters for each words!
A typical muffins but with an inscrutable name :)


Recipe (makes 6 muffins)

  • 100g butter, softened
  • 90g brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 200g durian flesh
  • 60g milk
  • 150g cake flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • dessicated coconut for topping

  1. Preheat oven at 175C.
  2. Cream butter and brown sugar till light and fluffy. Add in egg and mix well.
  3. Add in vanilla extract, durian flesh and milk to combine.
  4. Sift in cake flour and baking powder. DO NOT OVERMIX!
  5. Divide the batter equally into the muffins pan and sprinkle with dessicated coconuts.
  6. Bake for 20-25mins or till the skewer comes out clean.


Dessicated coconut gives the crunch when bite on.
For an avid durian lover, it's a inevitable to eschew!

Enough of muffins and there'll be others coming!




2 more days of holidays for me to slake, and after I'll reprise as a student!

NTU has not emailed me with regards to the Bursary and I'm seriously jittery about it!
I really do want the bursary cos I'm impecunious, and up to the extent that I can't afford a laptop...


Hope that NTU can reply to my request asap. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails