Monday, August 2, 2010

Chocolate condensed milk pound cake

Mum bought a can of condensed milk which she used a tweeny-weeny amount of it for salted egg chicken.
I decided to use the leftover condensed milk for my cake before the milk turned bad.

Flipping through my stack of recipe, I found this recipe- Condensed milk pound cake which literally, I have no idea which website I got it from.
Thus, I made a modification of the recipe and added in chocolate  flavour.


Recipe (make 1 small pound cake)

  • 55g granulated sugar
  • 100g butter
  • 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp condensed milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 100g cake flour
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1/4 tsp salt

  1. Grease a small pound cake tin and lin it with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 170C.
  2. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
  3. Crack in one egg at a time till all incorporate well.
  4. Add in condensed milk and vanilla essence to the egg mixture. Mix well.
  5. Sift in cake flour,cocoa powder, baking powder and salt to the mixture. Do not overmix!
  6. Pour in cake batter into the cake tin and bake for 40-45mins or till the skewer comes out clean.







It tastes moist and fluffy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails