Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Not that dull after all...!

Ya, needless to repeat , I'm back to S'pore from Ipoh once again!
It's umpteen times I've travelled to Ipoh and all of my travel blog posts are based on Ipoh. Please man, I'm penniless and I can't afford to travel to other countries. :(



Literally, I went Ipoh primarily to visit my grandma and to do a monthly dental checkup for my braces.



All right, divagate back to Ipoh.
It is irrevocable that Ipoh is a food fantasy which is significantly different from the metropolitan KL.
What attracts 'tourists' ( 'tourists' from other parts of M'sia) to visit is mainly the food, and they are not stymied by long hours of journey. Oh Gosh, I won't even want to think about it.



Sorry guys, the pictures which I took during my trip are taken with my bad ass canon Ixus IS 80, the quality is inferior.  Boooo! :(



1st day- Breakfast at 'kar pen' (嘉宾)

White coffee sold at almost every kopitiam in Ipoh are so delicious that I guzzle it down within minutes!


'Springy' fishball and meat! Can imagine how the stall owners 'wield their tools' ( which literally are their hands) and pound the meat till so springy.


Fried toufu and eggplants stuffed with fishmeats.


Mum enjoyed her food



Day 2 - Dinner at Yoke Fook Moon




All right, that's not ' Yook Fook Moon', it's the majestic building of 'Foh shan'. Not to be bewildered, 'Foh san' does not open for business at night.


Instead, my family and I made our way to the 'Yoke Fook Moon' which opens at night. Similarly, this restaurant sells dim sum and smart of them to have not opened during the day due to the strong competition  with 'Foh San'.




Fried food

Char siew bao

'Har gao' and 'siew mai'

The best dim sum in 'Yoke Fook Moon' is 'Char siew bao' and the others are so-so. Frankly speaking, dim sum in S'pore is better than M'sia.



Day 3- Breakfast at Greentown

Jawa mee



Fried toufu- Outer skin is crunchy and the inner flesh is smooth and silky!
The best fried toufu I ever have in my life!

Good thing doesn't come without sacrifices, you gotta wait for more than half an hour for these super ambrosial delicacies!


Lunch at Kenny Roger roasters


It's my first time trying Kenny Roger roaster, and I wasn't really quite amazed by it.

3 flavours muffins- chocolate raisin, vanilla and banana.

My set meal- salad, mashed potato and black peppered roasted chicken.

Sandwich



Day 4- Breakfast at Kampar

I was delighted to follow my aunt to drive my cousins back to Kampar and chanced upon something that I never expected.


Some nice scenery of Kampar life




Quainted kampong house


Yes, this is the place that surprised me. It was a stall in a house. It's unconventional yet unique to have your own noodle stall at your house.

Don't be deceive by the rickety and decrepit stall, the food is scrumptious!


That's him-Raymond who brought us there.





Self-service kiosk to choose the fried stuff to go along with the noodles.


Fried 'wanton'


My order- Asam noodle

Overall, I still find Ipoh delicacies the best! Your verdict?


Something random

'Gai zai bang' and sesame soft cake purchased at Old town ( it's the old town which you can find 'Lou Wong' and 'Onn Gei' Ipoh Hor Fun)


My post will end off with cute pictures of my little cousin girl
So 'Hiao'

Something frisky


Opps... the last bottom looked like the kid ghost in Ju-on. Scary~~


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails