Friday, July 23, 2010

Banana oatmeal raisin muffin

Banana has been one of my favourite fruit and a fruit ingredient for baking because of its unique aroma that gives off during baking. Besides, it consists of high fibre that aids in digestion and clearing of bowels. 2 medium size bananas are fulfilling enough for an early breakfast!


I've always wanted to bake a wholesome banana muffins and I can't get to find one good recipe on the websites. There, I came up with my own recipe which I added in other ingredients that I like by conducting a mini kitchen experiment.
Thanks god! I didn't create havoc in the kitchen and the muffins turn out to be delectable!


Recipe (makes 8 muffins)

  • 50g butter, softened
  • 40g brown sugar
  • 3 small-sized bananas, mashed
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup cake flour
  • 7 tbsp rolled-oats
  • 4 tbsp raisins
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt

  1. Preheat oven to 175C.
  2. Cream butter and sugar till smooth. Beat in egg till light and fluffy.
  3. Mix in mashed bananas, cinnamon powder and vanilla extract.
  4. Add in oats to the banana mixture.
  5. Sift in cake flour, baking powder and salt to the banana-oat mixture.
  6. Lastly, stir in raisins.
  7. Divide the batter into 7-8 muffins cups and bake for 20-25mins or till golden brown.




Light and fluffy


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails