Sunday, July 25, 2010

I L-O-V-E pizza!

Visiting pizza hut has been our family's joyous and anticipated moment, and we never miss to order our all-time favourite- The Hawaii Pizza!


I've been hooked on to the simple yet delicious hawaiian pizza ever since my childhood.
I'll always remember my mum bringing me to the nearest shopping centre at Holland road after  chinese dance to have a fufilling pizza meal at Pizza Hut, and we'll always order Hawaiian pizza.
All that was nostalgic, the shopping centre undergo renovation and the place where I had pizza for the first time was no longer there. * Sad *


I was greatly influenced by my family's lifestyle, I acquiesce to the way my parents bring me up, which includes the types of food they like. Over the time, what has been their favourite, has also become mine.
As I grow up, I tried other types of pizza but  none can replace my fondness for Hawaiian pizza.


However, all of the above was empty talk as I'd tried out different type of pizza.
Initially, I wanted to make Hawaiian Pizza but I was prompted by my mum that there was leftover fish paste which she bought to make noodles.


To clear up her leftover, I added it to my pizza, and this led to the creation of a unique pizza.
 I named it as "Landing in a sea" pizza. You'll know the reason why I named it this way later.


Recipe ( make one large 8" pizza)

Pizza dough:

  • 2 cup bread flour
  • 2 1/2 tsp instant dry yeast
  • 1/2 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 5 tsp olive oil
  • 1/2 cup water

Toppings:

  • 4 sausages, thinly sliced
  • 200g fish paste (marinated with salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil and parsley flakes)
  • 1 large onions, chopped
  • 3 garlics
  • 4 tbsp tomato paste
  • 1 packet of mozarella cheese/grated parmesan


For dough

  1. Mix 2 tbsp warm water to yeast, and let it stand for 5 mins.
  2. Sift flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and stir in yeast mixture.
  3. Add in olive oil and water.
  4. Mix till all ingredients combined and start kneading till the dough get smooth and elastic. (It'll be sticky in the beginning).
  5. Proof dough for 1 hour or till it doubles in size in a warm place with a damp cloth covered on top. ( I placed it in my heat-off oven)
  6. Punch dough to release air. Shape dough into round ball and let it rest at room temperature for 5-10mins.
  7. Roll the dough into adequate thickness and rest it on the baking pan for 30mins (second proofing).
  8. Punch the dough lightly and brush on olive oil to the surface.


For topping

  1. Spread on tomato paste and sprinkle with pre-stir fried onions, garlic, marinated fish paste and sliced sausages to the top.
  2. Sprinkle generously with cheese on top and sent in preheated oven at 180C for 15-20mins.



Doubled in size dough


I used the foccacia method to imprint 'dimples' to my dough, I added in breadcrumbs to increase the texture while tasting.


Spreaded with tomato paste


Fish meat with sausages- Landing in a sea ( land = chicken sausage, sea = fish paste)


Sprinkled with bounteous amount of cheese. Hmm, I love cheese!


Vegetarian pizza- without meat


For the meat lovers!


Soft bread and crunchy top!




Pizza hut's pizza crust always have the buttery taste and I was inspired by it after nomming on my less-buttery version. This went straight away to my mind that I should have rub in butter after mixing all the ingredients for my dough at the first place! Why didn't I think of that?!


 * Disheartened*


I'll improve on my recipe and suceed on a real imitation of pizza from pizza hut soon!


Btw, I really want a food processor for my dough. After looking at bloggers that made their own dough with FP, I was drew over by it.

Simply with a FP, a dough can be made in 1 min as compared to the hand knead that requires more than 10mins.
 It's so energy and time consuming!


Oh gosh! I really feel that my 2 'little mouse' on my arm are growing bigger!



I went to Harvey Norman to look for a FP earlier this morning, and I landed my eyes on a Philips HR 7620 FP that cost $107.

I got moody when I was thwarted by my mum whom insisted that I shouldn't be impulsive and hasty in making a decision, and she deemed it as superfluous and useless to get a FP. :(


Please mum! You'll know its advantages after using it, and I really really really want it!!! Arghh!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails