Sunday, June 27, 2010

My grandma...

My endearing grandma, borned in the year of 1934 or dog in chinese zodiac,  an ordinary lady who lived a life of humbleness and has never been inordinately austere. Yet, she was well-liked by her neighbours and friends, whom find her munificent and bounteous. One may never imagine that she will provide a shelter for a unknown vagrant.



Back in her youth, she lived in a tumbledown and dilapitated kampong-like house, raising and nurturing her 10 children impecuniously. She was repellent towards my grandpa who gambled away his fortune, leaving the family indigently helpless.



The fortune that my grandpa gambled away could have let his children lived off as "少爷小姐" (Young master and mistress) back at their time. Deplorably, they were not  fortunate to live a life that way.



Even though grandma seemed to bear grudges over the incident, she was relent and magnanimous to my grandpa. What's more, they shared the same bed for more than half a century, that was the feeling that cannot be obliterated.


Grandpa left us at the year of 2005, and I'm afraid the same path for grandma never seems so far.
She was in coma in Dec 2009 due to a stroke which I came to know about it by a message received from my cousin after my supposed-to-be a spunky day out with friends at the cinema to watch Twilight.



Since now, there is no sign of improvement to her illness, instead, her condition exacerbate which plunged my family into a state of melancholiness and grievance. My meagre grandma is a far cry from the once plumpy and bubbly lady.



Grandma celebrating her 76 years old birthday



















I missed her laughter, crying, chiding..... and the reminiscence of everything little things about her made me somber.




How I wish that she will wake up and move about the way she was. How I wish she berate me for my wrongdoings. How I wish she can drive me to pasar to have breakfast.
How I wish............


What I fathom is, Life is short, cherish the people around you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails