Saturday, June 19, 2010

Maple syrup butter crepe

I always love to cook delicious food for my family, and I'll be racking up my brains to think of what I can whip up for them.

As usual, my brothers are sleeping like hog and before they astir from bed, I'd to prepare breakfast for them. What a good sister I am!

All right, as for today breakfast menu, it was maple syrup crepe! Not too filling and 'heavy' but substantial for for the whole morning.


 
It was a pretty fast process and you can got it done in less than 30 mins!


Sift flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a large bowl.

Pour in melted butter, beaten eggs and milk into the dry ingredients.

Mix till you get a smooth batter.

Preheat the pan and pour in a small scoop of batter.

With the fastest speed, swirl the batter into a thin layer around the pan. We want the crepe to go as thin as it can so that it tastes crispy. As you can see from the picture, I weren't doing a nice job.


Swirled in maple syrup and add butter.

Fold it into a cone shape, and there you go!

Crispy maple syrup butter crepe!

..............................................................................................................................

I got to say it- My father is the best father ever!


It's Fathers' day tomorrow, and I'm feeling quite a bit guilty and unfilial as his daughter. He did all the housechores from cleaning the floor, laundry and wiping the windows, and yet I was a bum that knock off from all these chores.


 
What's more, he prepared the dinner for family. Literally, my dad is a chef and he cooks well, which left us no worries for a sumptuous and mouthwatering dinner!


Unroasted Char siew chicken

Glossy roasted char siew chicken! Yums!

Dad satisfied with his roasted chicken!

A complete set!



Candlelight dinner

Danny brother looked satisfied with Dad's chicken!

*****
5 Stars for the quality!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails