Monday, April 19, 2010

Chocolate lava cake 2

I'd made chocolate lava cake (aka chocolate fondant) at 1st attempt and it turned out to be quite successful.

Well... not really that successful as some of them didn't turn out to be 'oozing out'.

 

This time round, I should proudly extol that it was a GREAT success which I took up another recipe that used fewer eggs!
Save eggs is equivalent to saving $$$. Haha!
Apparently, the most important thing is the effort that doesn't go in vain :)


Danny was eating voraciously and when I told him that there was none left, this thwarted his hope for another serving. ( In actual, there was one last serving left but I kept it out of his sight cryptically )

 

Diced up butter

Place butter in the microwave for it to melt at approximately 1 min.

Most of my previous attempts at melting butter or other ingredients were carry through using double-boiler. I was too slothful to do that as microwave provides fast and efficient method!

Add in chopped-up chocolate into the melted butter and sent into microwave for another proccess of melting.

Butter and chocolate mixture should be just melted and not burnt. Take note of the timing for the microwave!
I always set the timing at 1min to avoid the direness.

Set the mixture aside.

Sift cake flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together. Set aside.

Beat eggs and sugar till fluffy and pale in colour.

Stir in the choco-butter mixture into the eggs mixture.

Fold in sifted flour mixture into the choco-egg mixture.

Scoop in the batter into highly greased ramekins.

 For my case, I do not own any ramekins, I merely used the metal cups which my mum purchased :P

Bake it at 220C for 5-8 mins.

Freshly baked chocolate lava cake- with flash


Without flash.

Sift the surface of the cake with confectioner's sugar and you can consume it directly from the ramekins.

 

Alternatively, you can remove it from the ramekins and serve it with ice-cream or fresh whipped cream.

 

The 'lava' is flowing out! Help me!

LOL ^^

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails