Friday, March 12, 2010

Chocolate, strawberry and vanilla cake

I've been very active in blogging lately, updating daily happenings ;)

 

Since I'm stucked at home the whole day and I'd a sudden fervidness to bake something, I came across some strawberries left over by Edmund who had made a strawberry layer cake. I came up with my own creation- Chocolate, strawberry and vanilla cake. It contained  popular flavours which you can named.

The name is a bit too long, you can called it CSV cake in short. Haha!

Sift cake flour, milk powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl.  Set aside.

Separate eggs yolks from egg whites

Beat egg yolks with sugar

Beaten egg yolks should look pale and fluffy. Add in oil, water and vanilla essence.

Add sifted ingredients into the yolks mixture

Beat egg white till it is soft peak

Add in cream of tartar

Add in sugar in 3 portion. Continue beating till stiff peak forms.

Gradually incorporate 1/3 of meringue into flour-yolk mixture.

Pour the mixture back into rest of the meringue.

Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 35-40 mins at 160C with fan mode.

Very nicely done vanilla sponge cake :)

Let the cake cool on a rack. After the cake is not too hot to handle, cut it into 3 layers for decoration and frosting.

 

This is the second layer. Spread whipped cream over the cake and add strawberries.

The whipping cream which I'd bought today sucks to hell! :(

A total of 15 mins was spent on whipping the cream but it didn't end up to the right consistency. I'd followed very closely to make sure that all apparatus were clean and chilled. It was such a disappointment.

The photos came out ok which is mainly due to the effort of  decorating it so that it doesn't look like a piece of shit*

Everyone got cheated by the appearance of the cake. My youngest brother first reaction when he saw the cake was, " Sis, you've made tiramisu cake?"

Haha, It really looks like a tiramisu cake, it's the only way which I can hide the hideous part of the cake :P

Oh, tomorrow I'll be celebrating my be-earlier birthday, this cake was baked to celebrate my own BD!

 

Happy birthday to me, a slice of cake for me!

 

And first present received: Fiberwig mascara:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails