Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Exasperation selections

These few days, I have been turmoiled by GER core selections due tomorrow and the choosing of major which has to be submitted by 28 Jan 2011.


For GER core, all year 1 students are given choices of either "Mastering communications" or " Basic media writing". Mastering communication as you can read is just communication. Frankly speaking, I can't speak proper English and my communication level is terrible as I come from a chinese-speaking family.

Basic media writing is a module which I find beneficial to me if I want to choose filming as my major. It sets as a foundation for me to master my writing for script/screen earlier. But, the appalling truth is I need to sit for exam while "mastering communication" does not. *Complain*


Last few post I had grumbled on the decision to make for my major, up till now, I'm stuck with the choices!


I'm desired to be a film maker, but at the same time I wanted myself deft with animation.
I'm totally lost~ :(
Digital media and film industries are neither progressing nor expanding enough in Singapore! The artists are not fully acknowledged for their talents, and the prolific ones are burying their talents and wasting their time, which in turn driving the artists to other countries for survival... *sob*


I wish to have a positive outlook but the truth is thwarting me from thinking that way. When I earn enough money, I will probably leave Singapore for good.



Something to liven up the sulkiness...


Illustration- Can you spot a witch in the candy house?

I decided to introduce my character in a story plot which differ from how I portray Miss Square in a relatively boring way.

Name of Character: Lulu.
Age: 24
Facts about the character: Has a super rich father, loves pink, bimbo, ravenous, obviously obese, tend to indulge in her own world (she thought herself as a goddess- beautiful, glamorous and sexy!), seeks inspiration from Paris Hilton.


Completed in water colour. There's a bigger room for improvement in water colour painting. I shall try acrylic to accentuate the mood and colour saturation next time :)


I'll be posting for my first ever attempt of the version, wholly completed in digital painting soon!
And,  I'm gonna train myself with web design to bring out a new look for my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails