Friday, October 22, 2010

76th, going on and on...

Back from Ipoh to celebrate my granny's 76th birthday, a mixed feeling of bliss and gloom stirred inside me.
Happy in the sense that granny make it to her birthday after she was bed-ridden with severe stroke 1 year ago,  and we were told by the doctor that granny would leave us anytime.

Granny has overturned the doctor's guestimation, she makes it to her big day.
Seeing that granny lying on her bed, I pondered about how active she was 1 year ago. Yet, she landed on this stage which she cannot respond to anything.


Almost every relatives came for her celebration, giving blessings that she will recover soon.


Preparation

Peng yi making her best dish- "dan choi goh"



More posings during work





3 hardworking mums going far to fetch the vegetarian dishes


Dishes back!

Mum's thai style tofu salad

All vegetarian dishes, no killing to contribute more blessing to granny.

















My strong and "steady" Yeen yi helping granny to sit up.




There's only 1 photographer, and that's me. That tells why I'm missing in the pictures :(

Tired granny lying back down.










All candid shots of beloved cousins! They are so fun loving!

The adults "gan bei-ing"

I have to 'bestow' and confer Peng yi with the most hardworking helper for the day. She was the one who work from the start to the end.

My resolution for 2011- Granny can recover soon and attend all my cousins' oncoming weddings!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails