Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Pineapple tart + random stuffs

Chinese New Year is just 2 weeks away, time really flies. A new year, a year older. *sad
Walking down the street of Chinatwon, you can see a miscellanous goodies- Kueh bolu, love letter, Almond cookies, peanut cookies.....
One of the goodies which I like to try for CNY is pineapple tart. I've made a early preparation to make this tart, starting from buying sweet pineapples and left them over a few days to ripe.


Add vanilla essence to eggs, lightly beat it. Set aside

Sift flour, baking powder, icing sugar and salt

Prepare Butter

Rub butter into the flour
                 .
                 .
                 .
                 .
                 .
                 .
                 .
                 .
                 .
                 .

Resemble coarse breadcrumbs

Add in egg mixture

Add in sufficient ice cold water to form a dough
                                        .
                                        .
                                        .
                                        .
                                        .
                                        .
                                        .
                                        .
Store in the fridge for an hour. Beforehand, prepare the pineapple fillings

Sweet 16 pineapples. I don't understand why it's called 'Sweet 16' :P

Strain out some of the pineapple juice. Place the remaining flesh into a pot.

Pineapple fillings: Butter, lemon juice, sugar, cinnamons, cloves and star anises

Add in remaining ingredients with pineapple flesh. Cook with low heat for 1-2 hours  (depends on
the amount of pineapple juice that you strain out)

The filling should look like this when it's done

Roll out the prepared dough and press out the shape using tart mould
( I purchased the tart mould from ntuc fairprice)

Brush on egg wash and place filling on the impression. Bake for 18-20mins

Final product! *winks

Ready to be sold! Haha.

Random stuffs

Liese foam hair dye in marshmallow brown

Stuffs inside the products

I was choosing between milk tea brown and marshmallow brown initially. Thinking that the outcome results will be similarly to the hair colour of the cover page girl. I was wrong! There is no significant difference before and after dying my hair. What's worse? Some of my grey hairs aren't covered. Damn fuming :(

Another hair product

Kao Essential Ultra Honey and Shea Butter hair mask- Rich premier
Stumbled across Xiaxue's blog which she blogged about the products. Therefore, I decided to buy it and give it a try.
Rating: * * * *
My hair is quite frizzy and dry. After trying this product, my hair is smoother. Hmm.. *Satisfaction*


My All-time favourite cakes- Bakerzin! YUMs!

Caramel Cheesecake

Blackforest Cheesecake- *DROOL*
I prefer Blackforest cheesecake. Alright, you can say I'm biased cos'  I'm a chocolate LOVER!
A total of 3 new cheescakes.  The other cheesecake is Peanut flavour. My family is not a big fan of peanuts, so no photo :)

OK. Abrupt end of post! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails