Monday, August 1, 2011

Another year & another best wishes for u!

It's Mum's birthday yesterday and coincidentally fell on the first day of Chinese's hungry ghost festival. A superstitious belief in chinese culture that one should not celebrate anything like birthday during that festival as it may unknowingly invite some "friends" from the Nether world.
Try to relate birthday candles to wax candles that are offered to the "friends".....

 Ok. It's sending chills down my spine and I should stop here.


As simple and low-profile as possible, I just treated my mum a sumptuous Thai meal & made a cake for her. And of course, I have made a combination of her favourite- Cheese & chocolate! :)

Chocolate Cream cheese cake 




The cake came out as much as I expect it to be with a slight crack and imperfection (I deliberately frame  that out) due to a minor glitch with my trashy spring-fold pan. 
Such predicaments are inevitable and solutions are to be undertaken.


But, I did win acclaim for the taste. My family simply just love it!

Loves Mum for her unrequited love and hope that my family will stay healthy & happy!

.....................................................


I'm Sooo...oooo going to participate a painting competition held by Singapore's water colour society. It is organized by SIngapore's water colour society.

Though the prize is not very appealing, but from my view is not just the apparent side of award. For me, it's the process and how much I realize that painting is not dabbling hobby. 

It requires a lot of contemplation to come up with a composition that leads the viewers' eyes and also never to forget the importance of how each colour concerted harmoniously.


Since it is the first competition which I'll be taking part in, I'll treat it as the first stepping stone to a bigger room of improvement. 

Each step I progress, is a step nearer to achievement! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails